Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar Compact ICS - Retrieve Call Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm123

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2022
CA
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to read this.

I manage a couple of Nortel Norstar compact ics phone systems for a couple retail stores. All phone sets are T7316E.

The manager has a need to keep track of all incoming calls at bother locations. Is there any way I can retrieve a text file or digital copy of all incoming calls / call logs with the current hardware ?

Or is there some sort of dongle / pass threw hard ware that can achieve this ?

Thanks again.

You need an SMDR6 unit. It has a 25pin RS232 serial connection that you can output to some kind of terminal application like hyperterminal or go super old-school and connect it directly to a continuous-feed dot matrix printer for hard copy.

There may be some kind of 3rd-party device made back in the day - maybe the Algo AuxBox?? - that could also do it, but I think you'll have a heck of a time finding something that has not been discontinued.

- Qz

You would need to source an old Norstar SMDR module and wire it up to the CICS, then connect the serial cable to a PC running call accounting software that is compatible, or connect to a dot matrix printer, lol.

Some with more knowledge than I will chime in hopefully soon.
In the meantime search SMDR in the Search tab up top to get a little more info.

I think all the software's require a keycode and are not supported any longer, I was never able to find a free version.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks very much for your reply my friends... Suggestions are much appreciated! :)

I had a client who wanted to, or should I say needed to record all calls in & out & who made or took the call. I installed a "Call Tracker 8" on their system and everything went to one of their PC's. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back