Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NORSTAR /CICS SP 7.1 Fowarding calls to another outside.number

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKEY-MIKE7

Technical User
Sep 23, 2019
US
Hello my friends.

I was just wondering if any help.or suguesstions on how can I program on a Nortel CICS 4x16. SP 7.1  to overflow calls  after 7 or 8 rings to another number outside.

Any help.will be appreciated.  Its a small shelter that recieves many calls but looking not to lose any calls.  IF possible we need to program that after maybe 8 to 10 rings if call Is Not Answered the calls can automatically FOWARD to another number (Shelter # 2).   

I have tried via hotline, call foward, I also tried using the Routes and Ring groups but to no avail.   

PLEASE IF YOU CAN HELP US WE GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.    EVERY CALL FOR US IS VERY IMPORTANT. (NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION)

Try this...

-Go to a Route such as 002, tell it to use Pool or PRI depending which one you have
-Create a Dest code such as 81 and point it to use Route 002
-Under Dialing Plan/Public Network add DN Prefix 81 and assign DN Length of 12 (allows 12 digits to be dialed)
-Under the set in Capabilities Forward No Answer enter 81andphonenumber (81XXX-XXX-XXXX)
-Under the set in Capabilities Allow Redirect (= Y)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back