Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar CICS & Valcom V-2003a

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNYTel

Programmer
Sep 9, 2020
US
Hello,

(If this a repeat question, please direct me to the existing forum post, and remove this one)

I am working with a customer to re-instate a valcom v-2003a to a Norstar CICS system. I am hesitant to state that I am re-instating the system as it did not appear to function correcting from the prior tech who installed it. At this time I have found that the only way I can get the paging system to work is to put the page port (V/B) of the Norstar onto the Music port (W/G) of the Valcom. Now I have been told that in order to get the zone feature to work of the Valcom, I need to get DT over the port, in which for some reason the page port of the Norstar does not push DT.

So My questions are:
1. If I configure the Norstar CICS to use Line 028 to push DT would I simply connect line 028 to the audio input of the valcom (W/Bl)?
2. Or do I have to jump line 028 to the page port of the Norstar, then push the page port to the Valcom unit?
3. Will using Line 028 still function if customer wants to input MOH and use paging speakers for Background music?

Simple schematics of T/R connections would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

CNYTel

Search "v-2003a install guide" to see the diagram.
The manual is very informative.
Looks like bottom connection "Earth/Loop or Trunk Port" goes to the KSU.

KSU Trunk Port (BLBR/BRBL Line 028) to Valcom Page Port (WB/BW)

"push DT"
I am not sure why that is required for this particular device.

"Will using Line 028 still function if customer wants to input MOH and use paging speakers for Background music?"
Since one has nothing to do with the other then the answer is yes.
One jumper from KSU Trunk to Valcom Page
One jumper looped from Music source to both KSU MOH port and the Valcom MOH port.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back