Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

norstar call pilot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
Reset a call pilot password using 985 but still cannot access administration using 983 120000.

F985
Enter Password

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

I dont follow. the password has been reset to default but does not work. i know the code.
feature 983 and 120000 the screen goes blank.

It's a simple procedure that I explained....I have no idea what you did exactly, just because you said you reset it does not mean you did it correctly.

If the screen goes blank then that's a whole different issue where discussing reset is not going to help.

This is why details help the first time.

I would probably remove the feature codes on the KSU and then reboot Callpilot to see if that works.
Let us know.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

it is simple but dont want to discuss the actual password for that here
I agree discussing reset wont help
removing feature codes sounds hard is it like the faq how to get it to recognize new dn length?
Just point me in the right direction. I am the second person on this task if that helps.

Simple enough too...
Feature ** XFTEST
Password is same as Configuration programming
What you need to do is remove all the voice mail 9XX codes that might be inactive.

If 983 (or others) appear Active it will not let you remove it.

In either case I suggest to reboot both ksu and voice mail systems and hope that they re-sync.

If that does not work then maybe corruption.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

What model voice mail is it?
Do any codes work, is the voice mail even operational?
I am guessing NAM, Mini or Startalk which all have hard drives and failing or failed.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

No luck on reboot. Thanks for the information I will look at it. May just replace the vm and call it good.

I think the person before me caused the problem. I am guessing a pilot. 983 981 working. It will take a trio to look.
Thanks I will post if it is resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back