Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar and Skype

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpmorin

Technical User
Oct 6, 2004
CA
Hi all,

I have been using skype (skype.com) voip service and I was wondering if it would be possible to set an outside line on a compact ICS to a skype gateway (with an ata adapter) to dial out long distance calls using the ICS. Also, could it be possible to get skype call in with a device like VTA1000 from pcphoneline.com.

Thanks

gateway needs to be a analog in its self then back feeding thru a trunk on phone system.... do a search on nortels gateway or just gateways in this forum....

ski season has started

I have used multitech gateways with an ata tied to a digital port and assign routing codes to route calls to the gateway.

After looking at the VTA1000, I would use an ata to pick up the incoming call and put an answer dn for the ata on all phones that want to recieve that incoming call, that answered call can be transfered to anyone also.

I have have been looking into connecting Skype on to a Norstar also, maybe making it a trunk somehow. The only information I have come across on the internet is a device called a Internet phone wizard. You can see them at
If you find any other way to do it let me know. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back