Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 7.0XC Error 310's in System Test Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

dataguy2000

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
I've got a MICS with 2 T1's (one PRI, one PTP) that the customer complains of dropped calls and cut-offs on the PRI. Clocking is set up properly (case is escalated to design) and there are no events in network log. The cards have been replaced, cabling to smartjacks replaced and tested and not very long (~10ft). The error 310's are the only issue that could explain dropped calls. (Besides the other end hanging up...)

Question is, has anyone seen this in a MICS running 7.0XC and a T1?

Just had another customer that was upgraded not long ago to 7.0XC complain of cut-offs. This one just had a case opened for it w/ Nortel and they suggest card replacement at this point. This time, network errors were there but the system test log was still full of 50 310 errors. Also, it is a PTP w/ PRI signalling and MCDN connected to an 11C.

Anyone else see 310s??

310: Dti_cart_event P5 'B' TestLog
310: | CAUSE:
310: | 1)Bad Stimulus message received by dti from KSU
310: | Parameters are: Source file (eCpQinpEh {value 30})
310: | error number (0)
310: | 2)Bad encapsulated Stimulus 2 byte message received by dti
310: | from KSU. Parameters are: Source file (eCpQinpEh {value 30})
310: | error number (4)
310: | 3)Bad encapsulated Stimulus multibyte message received by
310: | dti from KSU. Parameters are: Source file
310: | (eCpQinpEh {value 30}) error number (4)
310: | ENVIRONMENT:
310: | 1)Occurs on DTI cartridge only.
310: | 2,3)Occurs on DTI cartridge only.
310: | HUMAN ACTION:
310: | Check DTI connections. If problem persists call
310: | operating company.

how did we get to 7.0 was it upgraded from pre 3 .0 to a higher release then 2 7.0...if so issue with corrupted dada base and may need to rekey from scratch

If i lived in colorado i would be skiing already.But i dont so its a long 4 weeks till opening day.

I think is a mere matter of time before we see maintenance release 1 for 7.0 (good old Nortel). Just when 6.1 MR2 was finally working stable...

I have a Rel 7.0 w/PRI, 310 errors and dropping calls, particularly during high call volume. We've changed T-1 vendors(not due to this problem), replaced the cable between the smart jack & DTI with no resolution. Discussion w/T-1 level 2 tech have found no configuration issues. I'm considering rebooting the system and changing the cable again. Comments and suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back