Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 6 x 16 battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi,

I just bought a Norstar 6 x 16 and will be getting it next week. The person who I got it from said that it has not been plugged for few years. I am somewhat worried that the battery might be dead and needs to be replaced. Any idea on where I can get a battery for it? Also if the battery is dead will it lose its programming if the KSU becomes unplugged? Having the date and time wrong will not be a big deal for me at all.

I am now getting in to Norstar systems so this system is just to learn the programming and functions as since I am from the AT&T Merlin world

Thanks

It's a soldered on capacitor.
If depending how old depends how long it can be unplugged without defaulting programming.
The caps are in the software cartridge.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Aren't they in the cartridge just for the DR5 / DR5-DS and on the main board for the earlier software versions?

I contacted the seller and he said that he is not 100 % for sure but it could have been unplugged from 5 to 10 years. And the system has a DR5 software cartridge.

Thanks for all the help... Received the system 2 days ago and good news its holding its programming and time and date when I unplug it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back