Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 3X8 DR5 low volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

annacat

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
US
Is there any way to have the volume stay at a constant level on this system/version. User has to keep turning up handset on every call
Thanks

The system should stay constant on set volume. How old is the system and or is it a refurb purchase? Sounds like the KSU is at fault.

It is an older DR5 system with the newer T7208 phones.

Sorry your out of luck. The handset volume on this KSU returns to its default setting once you hang up. The only volume you can store is ring volume (F*80)

If I upgrade them to the newer ICS system allow users to have handset and speaker volume stay at the last setting, or return to a defined setting? If so, what version would it need to be

I know the compact ICS versions of software starting at least at 4.0 have Receiver volume control. Most new ICS software are 6.1. Under Feature Settings in the programming at the heading for Receiver volume states.

Receiver volume allows you to specify whether the volume level of a receiver or headset will return to the system default level when a call is ended or put on hold, or wherher it will remain at the level set at individual telephone. Your choices being Use system volume or Use set volume.

This feature is not available on your current DR5. You would have to upgrade to a CICS or Mics with a software version of at least 4.0. If your going through the trouble of upgrading go with the latest and greatest which is currently 6.1. Your phones will transfer over to the CICS just fine. You will only need to replace the KSU and software.

Good Luck
Hope that helps.

Actually, the setting goes back to at least Release 1-T1 on MICS, and CICS 1.0. So, it has been around for quite some time. Not all phones support the volume setting, but I'm not sure where the cross-over release is for the phones. Will try to research deeper for that part.

Annacat,
Just re-read that you have newer T7208 sets, so no problem with the sets. Just CICS 1.0 and above, or MICS R1-T1 and above.

MarvO said it

O.K., thanks. Hopefully this is the last question: I found a ICS box, but I'm not sure what the features are different between various versions. It says DR1.0, s/w version 7.3. I looked in the FAQ section and it shows how to find version in maint. But I am not sure what the 7.3 part is (I thought 6.1 was the latest)
Thanks

As Marv said above their are ealier versions that have the feature, but as I said above if you going to upgrade to a CICS don't half ass it. Go with the 6.1. Your not going to save all that much money between the software versions. Most of the earlier softwares are harder find brand new. Get a brand new software of at least 4.2,6.0, or 6.1 for your new CICS. Most likely you could get at least half the difference back just by selling the 3X8 you are swapping out. Just my opinion, but you know what they say about those.

Good Luck
Hope that helps.

We have a new CICS system, and two MICS units working in serveral offices and they all have the same problem, Low volume. I have tried the volume setting in programing and it does verly little to fix this problem. I have put handset amplifies on several of the sets to and you can hear normaly. You only need to set the amplifier to about 25% of the full amplification and then leave it alone. Im not happy having to use this solution, but it does the job.

As stated above not all set revisions support supprt this setting

Thought I was done. I am not able to program the CICS system (appears to be V6.00) with a T7208 phone, I could program using a T7208 phone on the older 3X8 DR5 box. Is it required use the larger button phones to program on the CICS? Also Valtag stated he installed amplified handsets to allow a much louder volume, does anyone know where to obtain amplified handsets for the T7208 and what they cost.

Annacat, YES, all programming now has to be done from the larger sets. M7310,M7324, or T7316. I cannot answer your question on the amplified handsets.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back