Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Norstar 0x32 no dial any number in loop trunks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksanchez

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
MX

Hi, I have a custumer with a Norstar 0x32 with PRI lines (works fine)but now, he want to install 2 VoIP lines , in a LOOP Cartridge, the lines works fine outside of the system , but when you conect in the PBX , you can't dial any number , only hear the dial tone , i try with other conventional line (no VoIP) , other cartridge and is the same ,

Any idea?

Okay, I assume that you have your VOIP lines wired in correctly for the LS/DS cartridge that you are using and you have provisioned lines 025 and 026 and that you have lines 025 and 026 appearing and ringing at the phone sets you are trying to call out on. Correct?

Yes, the cartridge is a LS/DS the lines asign is a 031 to 034 , i can take the line i hear the dial tone from the ATA (Voip) but i can't dial any number , the dial tone continued , like a no number dial

I remplaced the trunk cartridge and try with a regular line (no VoIP) and is the same situation

Thanks for your time and help

since say you cant break dial tone and you say you tried a pots line. Feature 808 (long tones) probably wont do any good

either both ls/ds cards are bad, seen that before.
supplier got a bad batch

or ksu slot may be f up seen that too. i guess
you have the card in slot 3

try a trk mod if there 's one connected to the system with either card

if you are already in a trk mod the
trk mod may be f up, seen that

expansion card port may be f up, seen that

good luck

I try, install the cartridge in other slot (12x0) and pass the same , I change to pulse the trunk and works fine,

Hardware problem ???

You are at the mercy of what is coming out of the VOIP box.
Must be paulse.

NO only test with a VoIP line , i test with a regular line (Telmex) and pass the same , can't dial any number , only hear the dial tone , but nothing pass

Yes curlycord , i test the line with a phone direct to the ATA , and i can make a recieve calls fine, but when i conect the lines at the PBX i can't dial any number , only hear the dial tone from the ATA

curly, I think you are looking at this backward.
MKSanchez: are you set up to come out of the MICS and then into a VOIP ATA? are you refering to the MICS as a PBX?
you might have to turn on remote access.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

The ATA is like a Vonage, is a regular line, when i conect a regular phone to the ATA, I can make and recieve calls fine

But this ATA's i need conect to the Norstar 0x32

out of curiosity, hook up a butt set (test set) and listen to the digits abeing sent out. do they sound clean? I have had a problem with the tone generator screwing up but a power reset cleared that.

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

So DTMF works on PRI but not the Loops.

What slot are you using? 12X0 or KSU?
Either way try to disable that card then re-enable it.

Could also be not enough voltage from the Telco?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

DTMF is not actually used on a PRI. the call data goes on the D channel, only times DTMF is sent out is on analog trunks or T1 trunks or on a PRI trunk after the call is established.

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Quote:
on a PRI trunk after the call is established

.....means DTMF is actualy used no?

So since no issues with the PRI when using DTMF you would think nothing wrong with the KSU but on the other hand why not on the loop lines.
Is there something in Hardware to check?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

only if it actually works then, most calls wouldn't use it unless lyou are hitting an off site VM system or something similar. I ment that it would be in no way as easy to spot.

nothing in the world will work better in this case than listening to it on a butt set.

how about long tones? feat 808?

Hill?? What hill??
JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Maybe back to the basics. You say dial tone is good at the ATA. (I wish they hadn't picked that acronym)

Which pair do you have the line connected to on your wiring block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back