Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Normal.dotm not available in Outlook 2007 editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchyII

MIS
Apr 10, 2001
Hi All,
I have just upgraded to Office 2007 and I am trying to figure out why my macros setup in Word 2007 (Normal.dotm file) are not available to be used in my Outlook 2007 email editor. Word is the email editor, so I don't understand why I cannot access them. I've gone through all the settings and options and I can't seem to see how to do this. In Outlook 2003, I used to be able to use my Word 2003 macros. Is this not allowed anymore?

Thanks!

The E-mail editor in Outlook 2007 is a copy of Word. It uses its own Normal template - NormalEmail.dotm. There is no straightforward way to access what you have in your Word Normal.dotm template. Sorry.

For the most part fewer problems have been caused by this approach than were caused by the old way when Word and Outlook used the same template.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Sorry for the late response, but thank you.

OK, so I figured I could just copy my macros to a module in the normalemail.dotm file and then access them from the email editor, but unless I am doing something wrong, this still doesn't work. I opened the normalemail.dotm file and added a new module, I pasted the macros in the module and then saved the template file. I then open my email and go to create a new email and when I click on the develooper tab and open VB, the template does not appear (so neither does my module or macros)...??

Sorry, I'd forgotten how it all worked. The NormalEmail Template is where you have to put things like formatted AutoCorrects, but macros run inside Outlook and are stored in the Outlook VBA Project - to get a reference to the document (the Word Application is its Parent) you use (Inspector).WordEditor

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back