Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noretel-Plus Compact ICS Line Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3tech

Systems Engineer
Sep 3, 2021
US
Hello All! New to the forum.

I've got a NT7B56 with a very basic issue. I come from the Software PBX world and was tasked recently to programming this model of system.

Essentially I've got an office that has this unit and they have two (2) lines.
Line 1 rings fine on all phones
Line 2 Sounds busy when dialed from an external phone.

I've already called the carrier and they tested good to our site.
I already tested our side all the way to DMARC. So I do get a ring if I connect by Handset and I dial from the outside world.

When I connect our equipment Line 2 sounds Busy. Any ideas?

Appreciate the Help!

What does it show on the indictor on the phone/s?
If it's in use you see an indicator on the display.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I press the line button and the arrow line indicator comes on and it sounds fast busy.

You can refer to your system as a Norstar CICS.
Sometimes you will be asked for the system software version, look at the software card or note the SP number under Maintenance/System version then compare it to the chart:
Might be a bad port on the line card.

Assuming all sets have same issue and that nothing comes up on the main display...

Things to try:
-Reboot system (Power Down, then Power up)
-Reseat the line card (Power down, pull card out, re-insert, power up)
-At the wiring panel swap the 2 cross-connects with line 1 & line 2 so that line 1 is on line 2's port and line 2 is on line 1's port.
If problem stays on the Line 2 button (using line 1) then issue is not with the carrier.
It just confirms confirms your testing at Demarc

Fix
Move line 2 cross-connect to port 3 and re-program sets and/or vmails' AA/Lines.
Copy line 002 settings to line 003, then change line 2 from Pool A to Public.

Click the FAQ's button up top and scroll to the bottom for wiring charts.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Appreciate the help so far.

Want to try the fix out asap, is there a link somewhere for the steps to do this:

[ul]
[li]Move line 2 cross-connect to port 3 and re-program sets and/or vmails' AA/Lines.[/li]
[li]Copy line 002 settings to line 003, then change line 2 from Pool A to Public.[/li]
[/ul]

Thanks!

Steps, no!
Manuals, yes!

You could do any of the following since:
-sign up for training (if you find a vendor willing to do so) to be a technician and/or an onsite administrator
-read the manuals to teach yourself
-look for cheat sheets for your system that will at least show you how to navigate
-call in a vendor to fix it and be done with it in a 1 hour service call

As said for wiring chart "Click the FAQ's button up top and scroll to the bottom for wiring charts"
You can also look up the CICS Installer Guide, the Setup & Operation guide for whatever voicemail system you have) to learn how to enter and navigate programming on both systems.

You also need to sort out what type of wiring terminals are in place as you may need to purchase a special punch tool.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back