Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nood Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmans

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2003
US
I'm new to exchange 2007 and just installed it in a lab and noticed that when I add a new Active Directory user it doesn't ask me if I want to create an Exchange account for the new account. Also, when I go into a users properties there are no Exchange attributes in there. Was that done away with, so that you must manage all email attributes through Exchange 2007? Thank you !!!!

Do it right the first time, and there won't be a second time!

Sorry...that was supposed to be "Noob Question" :)

Do it right the first time, and there won't be a second time!

Yes you had the same reaction to this as I did, the tab is completely gone away with in ADUC :) I was almost thinking that I must have screwed something up when I saw it missing.

Cory

Yes - all done through Exchange 2007 console. You have 2 choices, create the user in AD first and then create a mailbox for exiting user, or create a new mailbox for a new user and create the user and mailbox all at once.

Yes - all done through Exchange 2007 console
or the Exchange Management Shell.

There is no need to create a user first, then mailbox enable them. You can create a new mailbox enabled user right from EMC/EMS. You'd only need to use ADUC to then assign group membership, etc....

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back