Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noob Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsenio

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2006
CA
OK, I'm trying to solve some recent echo on our Asterisk phones. We have the system running through an Avaya IP Office 412. So the call flow is such:

Polycom ---> Avaya ---> PRI

The echo is rather recent. And only when dialing out the PRI. I've made some changes yesterday to the zapata.conf file but have a few questions.
Here are my settings that I've changed...

echotraining=yes
rxgain=-3.0
txgain=-2.0
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes

When running /usr/src/zaptel-1.2.5/ztmonitor 1 -v
I see the call audio is nearly fine, except for a few very high spikes. Those spikes are causing my echo. Now is where my question comes in. Since the audio level appears to be high I want to continue lower my gains, correct? Say rxgain=-4.0 txgain=-3.0 etc?

As well, when I make a change to zapata.conf I read that I don't need to restart asterisk to have them take effect. Is that correct? Any other feedback with regards to ech is also welcome. Thanks in advance!

Our main PRI runs off a IP Office 412 v3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back