Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noob needing help - Fast busy when calling ACDN from 1 Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Cross_Noob

Systems Engineer
Dec 7, 2017
CA
Hey all

First time poster long time lurker. Thank you all for all the valuable information on this site, so far it has helped me work through a number of issue within our CS1000 system.

We've currently got an issue where we are unable to call an internal EXT (ACDN) from one of our branch location (CS1000). Our set up includes Cs1000 main and 16 branch sites with either CS1000 or BCM 50s. The ACDN is set to forward to a toll free number and has been set up to allow our staff to short dial this number by dialing the 4 digit ext. It works from all branch locations except 1, at this 1 branch they receive a fast busy signal.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where to start investigating?

Thanks

Jonny

Hello Jonathan

From reading your query, it seems that your main site is a CS1000 and the branch with the troublesome problem of calling an internal EXT (ACDN) is also a CS1000 system?.

Assuming that all the sites are linked directly to your main one and not through another system, then it appears we are only dealing with 2 points.

My advice is to run the Conversion Utility tool for each site. It's probably best to run the TNB, DNB, ACD, Networking macros. This will give you an understanding of how the call is routed at the branch end and it should also show you how it is received at the main site.

It is also worthwhile running the tool on another CS1000 branch site that works to allow you to compare any differences.

The link has a word doc guide to explain what you need to do.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Fast busy would make me think NRS or CDP issue

Did you trace the call to see what happens? In a Branch scenario, the phones register to the Branch, but are redirected to the main and act like any other phone on the system. There could be Zone Based dialing involved, but that normally involves dialing external and not internal.

Are the phones at the Branch registered to the Main? Stat one of the extensions from the main to see if it is registered/unregistered and go backwards from there.

You could have an issue where they phones are registered locally (at the Branch) and the SIP trunks between the Branch and Main are down.

John

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back