Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noob: Data sources and migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevehewitt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
Hi all,

Running CPS 4.5 FP1.

We are currently running an Access database as the data store for the farm, however this server is so flakey that we ditching it.

I've created a new server to replace it already, however I need to migrate the data store, and presumably reconfigure the other servers in the farm that it's moved location.

I'm confused about how the other servers (that aren't hosting the data store) know where the data store is kept.... There doesn't appear to be any DSN under the ODBC applet so I'm a bit puzzled. Read that you can check to see what you are using for the data store under HKLM\Software\Citrix\IMA\ under the keys DataSourceName and DatabaseDriver. These two keys are empty on all servers apart from the server that should be hosting the data store. It points to IMAAccess.dll as the driver and mf20.dsn as the location. I think this confirms that we are using Access as the DB?

If so, how do I go about migrating from server 2 to server 3?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back