Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nonpaged pool limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgriff79

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2006
GB
Hi I've got an annoying problem and was wondering if someone out there could suggest any way round it.

I need to find the nonpaged pool limit on a server It has 2003 R2 SP2 installed The normal method is to install process explorer, then set a symobols path (required to see nonpaged limit). However, there is no symbols set to download for 2003R2. The workaround would be to set the path to point to MS symbols site, but the server is not outward facing. I have tried installing the same OS version on a VM (with internet access), allowing it to find the required symbols, then transfer them to the server. This doesnt work, so I assume there is some tie in with the hardware that needs a different symbol.
I have installed debug tools in order to point to the dbghelp.dll file.
Searching the web, there doesnt appear to be any other way to view the nonpaged pool limit. As far as I understand it, its set at boot. Anyone know if this can be logged ? Or if there is any other way to get this value ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back