Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NonDestructive partitioning in Win2K Advanced Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojoho

Technical User
Mar 8, 2003
US
Just wondering if their is a way to do nondestructive partitioning in win2K advanced server. I tried to install partion Magic 7 but said that Volume Manager was found and would exit installation. I am not familiar with win2K advanced server so I am not familiar with volume manager or even how to use it if it exist. I just do not want to lose all my data on both partitions. I have run out of space on my root partition and need to install SQL Server 2000 but I have a lot of room on my 2nd partition. I have thought about installing SQL Server on my 2nd partition but I do not want to seperate SQl Server from my other programs.
Thanks

There is a product called Server Magic from the makes of Partition Magic it should do the trick Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Yes I Believe

However keep in mind that only Windows 2000 and later computers can recognize Dynamic Disk and this could lead to a whole new level of problems if down level Clients need to access these. And to convert back from Dynamic Disk is destructive Thanks
Erik Butler
2000 MCSE
erikbutler@centurytel.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back