Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non Super User or Super User 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mannyisme

Technical User
Aug 23, 2005
US
I'm pretty familiar with our PBX and some one asked me a question which stumped me. For the life of me I could not answer it and be confident so i come to you guys. I know it's easy but having a brain fart lol

What is the main difference between a Non-Super-User and a Super-user? ok don't answer that one is Super or stronger than the other. What are the main differences? What can a Super-user do that a Non-Super-User can't besides leap tall buildings in a single bound. Thanks guys

I actually called Avaya and they put in a ticket for some one to get back to me lol

Here's a start...

From another forum:

The default login field form fields (add login x) between a super user, a non-super-user, and a remote user are almost identical with the exception of the "Shell Access" field that is only displayed on the super-user form.

Where you see the differences is at the permission (disp permission x).

Here are the notable differences:

The super user, by default has permission to perform the following:

- Display Admin. and Maint. Data
- System Measurements
- Administer Stations, Trunks, Features & Permissions
- Maintain Stations, Trunks, System, Switch Circuit Packs, Process Circuit Packs & Enhanced DS1

The non-super-userand remote user by default has none of those permissions.

The login and permission are both pretty flexible and customizable and in most cases, can be tailored to fit your specific requirements.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Good answer brother.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

A Super User also has the ability to add logins and change permissions.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back