Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non-sequential DID's and PRI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidroski

Technical User
Sep 21, 2004
US
I have a BCM 50 to install with a broad range of numbers, 4XXX to 8XXX but only about 12 numbers. Do I still start with the lowest DID and put the second one in next even if there are several digits apart? Is it a good idea to only have 4 digits coming across the PRI? Someone else ordered the service. This is the 2nd BCM I have installed.
thanks

As long as you have seperate target lines for each DID you will be fine. There is no industry standard, however most put them in numerical order.

Good thing about the BCM 50/450 is you can sort the target line listing by received digits.

Keep in mind that you will not be able to use 4,5,6,7 or 8 for access codes, park codes, direct dial or routing.

--DB

You are best to get your carrier to send more digits. look at what number in your NPA will not conflict with anything else and get them to send you starting from that digit. Saves alot of headaches in the future.I usually get them to send 7 unless the first digit of NPA conflicts with anything.

Thanks for the replies.
The first digit of 7 is a 2 so I don't think that will work very well.

A 2xx-xxxx received digit would work perfectly as received digits don't conflict with internal extensions.

--DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back