Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non scaling images in Flash, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkymonk

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
GB
I have a flash movie that is published at 100%

I have some images (jpg art work) that I want in my movie but as the flash movie is 100% it means that the images stretch with the movie. This causes them to distort quite badly.

I've thought about using a pop-up but I would really like to stay away from that solution until it is the only one left. Is there a way I can have these images in the main movie but at their actual size so they stay sharp?

Thanks
rod ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
flash@wic-id.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

make sure that the film won't get resized by putting this script into the first frame:

fscommand("allowscale","false");

when you use unscaled images and the film doesn't get scaled either everything should work fine. regards

Firegambler

I've run into this problem and allowscale may not work.
I'm using a mac os 9.2 with Flash MX to generate projector and it does not work, but showmenu works.

There are apparently many problems with this fscommand scripting (do yahoo search).

Please let me know if it works + what system are you on, since I'm also trying to figure this out.

Thank you.
nomsg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back