Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

non programming error java.lang.classnotfoundexception

Status
Not open for further replies.

randall2nd

Programmer
May 30, 2001
US
Hi all,

OK ... i am not trying to develope any sort of java "thing".
This is probably not the right place for this, but i did not know where else to put it.

my question is how do i view an applet that displays the error:
java.lang.classnotfoundexception:hm35.class
this in I am using:
IE6
Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.3.1_02
Using JRE version 1.3.1_02 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

I encountered the error at
and
so I doubt it is something wrong with the sites, which leaves my browesr.

How do I fix it?
Do I need to put this hm35.class in a specific directory? Randall2nd

Does your java class use any of the Swing classes/objects? Recognizable as they usually start with J, like JApplet, JButton etc etc.

If so, you need to convert the html page you are trying to load by running it through the java HTML Converter. Available for download from the java.sun website.

how do i find if it is using that stuff?
I do not develope in Java.

I was just hoping that someone in here would know why when I go visit sites that have java I always get an error that says it can not find the '****.class' file.

Is there a way to remove the Java plugin and then reinstall it? Randall2nd

the best way is to just do the conversion - the download is free and will only cost you the price of the phone connection to retrieve it. Once downloaded the conversion of an HTML file takes just a matter of milliseconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back