Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non license access users

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowee

Technical User
May 17, 2001
US
Is there a way to have an access file on our network and have users view and search in the database for information without having access program on thier computers????????

Yes and no. Yes if you have the data on a website that is database driven, no if you don't.

Otherwise each user needs Access. Or you can send reports in with snapshot viewer. The recipient doesn't need Access to view it, only the plug-in which you can get from the Microsoft site.

Using ODBC, you should have access to the data in the tables.
The only problem is that you have to learn or know how to program.

Sorry, there is a way, using Excel, to "get external data".
I don't have that option on my computer so I can't give you the exact details. There is also a way to export data from Access - which might be an option for you to consider.

And let's not overlook the runtime Access which can be distributed with developed applications by owners of the Access Developers Edition.

Steve King Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back