Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non Existing Volicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooreTel

Programmer
Dec 12, 2014
CA
New client who will be changing his lines from Bell to the local cable company. The cable company called me in as he has an issue to resolve before the cut over. When he calls into the client the lines are answered by some type of voicemail, be it Flash or Call Pilot. Client has a CICS 4x16. It's using CCR with options 1, 2 & 3. The only option that works is 3, going to Accounting (Ext 23).

The thing is I spent 2 hours looking for the voicemail system and it can't be found....anywhere. There are only 5 sets attached to system, 21,22,23,26 & 27 (All Appear Only). The I-ATA has no connection but is named "Redirect" and has lines 1 & 2 assigned as "Appear Only". I even changed the lines for ext 37 to "Not Assigned" Nothing else is physically connected. When the lines are removed from the system the calls ring forever so I assume it has to be there somewhere, but where? and where is the connection?

I tried all the feature codes and they were None Registered" so I did the XFTest thing and still don't work. Even verified in Maintenance and the only sets shown as the 5 above. Testing each other port shows nothing connected...

Thoughts?

The CICS with the right software level has a built in CCR / Auto Attendant
It only has a recording and points the options to sets.

When you call in and get the greeting does Star or Pound do anything? if not then see above.
When you call in do you see the indicator beside the line?
When you call in do you also see a 2nd line in use as if being redirected?

Mad at yourself yet?
Snicker

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

$^*(^%$#, why didn't I think of that? Thanks. Must be the built in CCR. Only used that a couple of time before so never thought of it.

Thanks Curly...you're the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back