Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non Domain users not allowed to Internet through ISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

link470

Technical User
Sep 1, 2005
CA
Hi! I'm currently configuring a network at my workplace. They're running a Windows Server 2003 Domain with an ISA server in between it and the internet. The network runs on the 10.0.0.1 network and we have about 300 workstations. All workstations have certain restrictions since it's a school, so for example, instant messaging and other protocals are disabled for the students. Port 80 for internet access is pretty much the only thing the students have, thanks to the ISA server [ISA Server 2000].

We also have 9 wireless access points around the school, that have 192.168.0.1 as their network, but have DHCP disabled, and a cable going to one of the 4 jacks on each, so that our main DHCP server can give them a 10.0.0.1 address like the school has and allow wireless domain members into the network.

The problem is that we want people who connect to the wireless network as a visitor to the school to have access to the internet and ALL protocals they need, bypassing the ISA server. Right now, if you connect to the wireless, you get a page cannot be displayed screen from the ISA server. You NEED to be a member of the domain to get through.

I appologize in advance as this is probably really simple, I've just never used an ISA server before for this and would really appreciate any help :) Thanks!

I separated my users/machines to different vlans (10.0.1.x; 10.0.2.x). Then i created ISA Access Rules based on the subnet. For instance 10.0.1.x has a limited Internet access, while 10.0.2.x has unlimited internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back