Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NON DID ext creation for i2004 phones 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsotech

Technical User
Dec 26, 2007
US
Sorry! Am having a brain meltdown. Need to create three non did extensions for rollovers from a single did. Non of the examples in my OPTION 81c switch show a specific TN for a non DID. They always just refer back to the DID. What am I missing here?

go to LD20 and at the REQ prompt type PRT, LUDN at the TYPE prompt. press enter thru everything else. You'll get a list of numbers that are not used.

Pick any of those numbers that is not part of your DID range and use it as the DN on key x on the phone

There is no specific TN, you can use any TN

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Guess I did a very poor job of framing the question. Once I have the non-did to use, say 7236, how do I actually build it? New - type ? yahdi..yahdi

Still don't understand the question.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Boy, do I feel stupid or what! I forgot that you don't actually build a non-did like a phone. I was sitting here trying to build it like any other phone on a TN. Just select an unused DN and put it on any key on any phone. Not that hard, is it?

Thanks for replies. Will try and be clearer in the future.

sounds like you already have a DID set and you want to build non-did rollovers?? If so, just pick any unused number and program it on the keys, otherwise create a new phone and program the keys with non-did numbers.....

OK one thing you need to know that we cannot help you with. You need to know your DID range. If you know that then you can put any number outside of the DID range on a key and that is the definition of a Non-DID. Nothing special here your Option81 doesn't know or care if the number is a DID or a Non-DID. Only the phone company knows for sure, they'll send your Opt 81 the call if the number dialed is in your range. Some people combine the DID capability with the dialing out capability and they are in truth totally separate. So a Non-DID phone/line could dial China if the TGAR/NCOS and CLS allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back