Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Non Cisco Conference phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomkuk

Technical User
Aug 15, 2007
US
Hi, I just wondered if anyone had found/tried any non Cisco conference phones that were perhaps cheaper to purchase than the likes of the 7937 ?

Thanks.
Tom.

If you have a VG224, you can set up Polycom phones, or any other analog conference phone. Another option is to go to the refurb market for 7935's etc.

Thanks, I am aware of the analogue capability with a analogue gateway but should of explained I am really looking for an IP conference phone but a cheaper alternative to the Cisco range.

Refurb 7935's offer definite compatability at just a couple of hundred bucks, usually with a warranty too.

Well you can try a SIP based third party conf phone but make sure that it is compatible through the manufacturer. Don't expect everything that you will get from the fully integrated cisco conference phones but they will meet you cheaper price requirement.

Polycom Soundstation IP 5k and 6k work just fine registering via SIP back to a CUCM 8.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back