Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nokia IP40!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulma

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have the same problem as thread32-1080693..exactly the same..did all the same steps..and the IP40 still is not allowing incoming smtp traffic..grrr.."
Any ideas pleaseeee....

"I have a Nokia IP40 Satellite I have followed the manual and set it up. Internet is working fine and I can get out of the network. NOTHING ELSE WORKS!!!!
I cannot even (after setting up a firewall rule + NAT!!) have SMTP traffic from the internet.

There are no entries in the logs for any errors. I have spoken to my ISP and they have said port 25 is open."

thread32-1080693

Hello mate... What's the problem exactly? Can you verify the following:

1) The Mail server object is setup with the correct IP Address, static NAT entry and corresponding firewall rule.
2) The external NAT entry is routable from the external network. So what IP Addresses/Subnet mask are you using externally? Firewall IP? NAT IP? Router IP?
3) Can you send Mail outbound?

Get back to me with this and we'll fix this problem in no time at all!!

Darren Campbell
Technical Design Architect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back