Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nokia IP330 can't login to console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyktone

MIS
Aug 31, 2004
Hi all,

I have a strange delima, which I notice a few thread for but no resolution.
I have a Nokia IP330, I tried to upgrade the IPSO version. It looked like it took the package fine. The box then rebooted, now I can't type anything on the screen. I see the boot process and the IPSO logon, but I can't type at all. First I was having problem with HyperTerminal, Now I'm using Tera Terminal, with Tera Terminal I see everything on the screen, again I can't type again. I suspected it's the console cable, even thou it worked fine before the upgrade. I tried straight thru console cable, null cable. It all acts the same. I'm not sure if I have the original cable that was shipped with the box, does it have some special tagging on it?
Either way I really need to get this box up and running, of course the reason I'm posting it here is that we don't have any support for the box.
I tried it on new differnet model desktop, I even tried it on a winnt4.0, 2k & XP workstation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

does it respond to the keyboard during the boot process?(can you get into BIOS or bootmanager?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back