Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

nokia ip 330

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukraine1

Technical User
Apr 10, 2008
GB
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to configure nokia ip300 which has got checkpoint fw-1 installed already with 256 user license. When I connect the device through console and as soon as connects a laptop through crossover cable i get a message on terminal emulator that "too many internal host(301) detected".
One of the interface ip is 10.0.0.1/24 and I have given laptop ip as 10.0.0.2/24 gw is 10.0.0.1 which is directly connected.I still can't ping the interface nor I can browse to it.Anyone has any idea how can I manage this firewall ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Have you done CPconfig while consoled and added the IP of your laptop yet? you need to give your laptop permission to connect. See below example choose option 3 and add the IP of your gui clients(ones that you want managing the firewall)

[fwmgmt] : cpconfig
This program will let you re-configure
your SmartView Reporter configuration.

Configuration Options:
----------------------
(1) Licenses
(2) Administrators
(3) GUI Clients
(4) SNMP Extension
(5) Random Pool
(6) Certificate Authority
(7) Certificate's Fingerprint
(8) Automatic start of Check Point Products

(9) Exit

Enter your choice (1-9) :

Thanks for your reply, I havent been through to above procdedure yet but will try sooner and let you know.
But one thing I can't understand is while I'm connecting laptop directly to the firewall interface I should atleast ping it which I can't.

If the FW is enabled the default rule is any any any drop. This means drop everything that I(firewall) sees. In other words no you shouldn't be able to ping it.

Hi friends,
I have configure the client ip through cpconfig but still I cant ping or loging through gui from the directly connected client.Any more ideas please.Perhaps a starting guide or some document will be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help

Could any please tell me how can I create ACL through Lynx.
Any example would be great.Sorry for being a pain.
Thanks.

I have created acl as any source any destination and any service with action as allowed but still I cant ping the internal interface. Plus could anyone please tell me how can I download checkpoint tools such as dashboard etc.
FYI I lost CD.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back