Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NOKIA data suite and Windows 95 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissyEd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2000
GB
Hi<br>
<br>
I've got a Nokia serial port connector and v2.0 of the Nokia data suite. When I install in on NT, it works fine. I use voice not data calls. I tried this on a win 95 laptop, original version with SP1 not OSR2, and it keeps giving me this message: &quot;Another program is using the modem, close the other program....&quot; and no other program is actually using the modem. I have tried Nokia's suggestion of rebooting, this doesnt have any effect.<br>
<br>
Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

I set Nokia data suite up for someone on ther company laptop, but there were similar problems.
Try this Install the data suit then goto control panel and remove the new com ports it adds reboot then add the comm nokia data suit comm ports manualy.
It worked for me anyway.

Thanks for the response ! I'd forgotten all about this, (changed jobs you see), but I've forwarded it on to the bloke with the problem. He's very grateful :) Missy Ed
Looking to exchange ideas and tips on VB and MS Access development as well as office 97 development. Drop me a line: msedbbw@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back