Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nokia 2330

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkGhost

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2005
US
ANybody familiar with the 2330 Nokia Platform? They appear to go fairly cheap on ebay and I want to buy one to learn on. Do they come with software installed? as in Checkpoint? if so which version? Help is appreciated

Isn't a 2330 a mobile phone? Do you mean the Nokia IP 330? If you are talking about the Nokia security platforms then no, they do not come 'with' Checkpoint. You have to install that on them. They will just come with the IPSO OS and Voyager for web admin.

Chris.

Chris A.C, CCNA, CCSA

If you are talking about the IP330 I just bought two of them off Ebay from two different suppliers. Both came with Checkpoint but NOT the checkpoint licenses. So...you can install with full functionality but only for 30 days. And if you upgrade the ipso image you'll need a valid login to the checkpoint website to obtain a checkpoint version that can run on whatever version of IPSO you have.

BTW, on one of my IP330 purchases the bootmgr image was older than the ipso image so I wasn't even able to boot up (not even into the boot mgr) and on the second, I had the apache problem I posted on this site earlier this week. (I'm taking an image of the drive from the second and copying over to the first drive right now). So, buyer beware.

The good news is my second purchase was from ihaveitsales and the unit looks brand new (but had the apache problem). Otherwise came with full documentation, cables, etc. They have just listed a bunch of them lately.

Good luck!

Its worth remembering that the IP330 is pretty much end of life, and will be completely unsupported by the end of this year I think. Current versions will run but I doubt future releases will be supported.
some of the earlier IP330's only had 64Meg Ram which would need to be upgraded to ru n NG AI or above at any kind of speed

So how do you mean install? Checkpoint comes preinsatlled or you got the discs to do the install? Does this come with the policy server also? Every 30 days doesnt seem to bad if it helps get more familiar. How old ofa rev does it got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back