Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

noisy ports on CICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceRing

Vendor
Jan 13, 2012
US
I went to check trouble on a Nortel phone not working, it turned out to be a bad port on the CICS. Rare, but it does happen, that port was completely dead. You know how you hear the high pitched whine from the working ports., well all the other ports sound like that, but also on monitor some static and kind of a quiet kind of pulsing surge sound, if that makes sense. I have steady power on the UPS/BBU of 120V, and I did try to plug the CICS into a different power source to make sure it wasn't that. Have you heard this before? Is the system getting ready to fail? It is about 12 years old, I believe, maybe closer to 15. I know with the 616s, the ports would just fail, one at a time. My system is numbered from 21 on up, and the bad port was 26, just fyi. I did do a reset, and also re-seat the amp cable for the sets.
I don't like that sound, not clean at all.
What say you?

In the UK, we call the the Compact Plus system and there were two wiring board types, the original ones had 2 25 way cables running to an external wiring box with krone strips and rarely gave any hassle whereas the later built in wiring board with Krone strips did cause annoying grief as the board worked loose over time causing odd silly faults and we used to try and wedge the board to stop it moving.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Maybe test the ground in that suite/building too

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back