Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noisy lines tru a PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
MX
I have an oooold Op11 in tandem with a CS1kM 5.5 tru a PRI link (no carrier it's in campus) A few days ago exactly every other call from any set (digital & analog) it connects with only noise (voice unintelligible very low in the background). LCNT= zero errors on either side.
I tried taking the link down and then up (including the clock), didn´t solved the problem.

I rather not reboot the Op11 if I can help it.

Any ideas?

Do you have any test equipment? T-Berd etc?

What makes you think the trouble is in the Opt. 11 and not the other switch?

thanks for Your input:
KCFLHRC: At the CS1K the link is in a Dual PRI and the other link is working fine. What's the history LD? plz
Anders I think grounding is ok, but I'll check it anyway.
This happened a few Years ago but was corrected resetting the link, but this time that didn´t work.

Thanks.

Just because one link on a dual pri is working doesn't mean the other is fine. Test Equipment will help isolate the issue. Typically noise on a PRI is clocking, slips, etc. Have you made sure in the Opt. 11 that the clocking is tracking properly?

LD 60

SSCK 0

Yes I checked that, LCNT has no errors on both sides
.SSCK 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
SYSTEM CLOCK - LOCKED TO SLOT 9
PREF - 9
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR

I tried to let it to Free run for a while , still same problem.

I would disable everything on the OPT. 11 side and reseat the card. Is this an NTAK09 or TMDI card?

telepath I would do what KCFLHRC suggest, if that doesn't work, I would roll the the PRI or if you have access to the CSU maybe roll that.

Just OUT all the channels of the PRI on both sides and recreate again..

Solved.
It was a little less radical than littlemaster's suggestion. I restarted the PBX a couple of times, the second was the charm. I don't like to do that because some times they don't go back up at all, but this time worked fine.
Thanks to all for Your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back