Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noise on PRI channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

krasemir

Technical User
Jun 11, 2007
JO
CS1000E - New PRI - D channel came up , CC up, all channels are idle,LCNT the pri loop show the counters are clear , the problem is the noise (distortion) over pri channels during conversation. changed the card & the problem still the same.
telco sayes that there is no problem on their side.
if someone face this problem before can help ??

Every channels or just here and there? try move to another cabinet.

Is this the only PRI in the system? Are there other PRIs in the system that work properly and sound ok?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

this is the only pri in the system, and it is locate in the first cabinete . ( the system has 4 MGC CARD, STARTING WITH 4 0 , 4 1 , 8 0 , 8 1 ) . , is it write that it recomended the PRI card to be in in the cabinet where is the CPPM IS LOCATE ?

yes , i think the ground is the reason . i will check it.
thanks to all of you for your help.

I experienced noise on a PRI (E1) was because of wrong codec, had it set MU instead of A. Although the noise could be heard during ringing also not just conversation.

98% possibility that this is a Telco issue. I would diconnect the line at demarc (smart jack)for about 10 minutes. then reconnect.... if that does not clear have telco do intrussive testing and watch it magically clear up

You are not saying what type of phones you are making your test calls from. I assume they are ip sets. You need to put a tdm card in the same shelf and make a call from it, eliminating the ip network from the loop. Did you load all the loadware patchs on the mgc cards? There are about 7 or 8 of those. Some are for the tmdi cards. Have you checked the codecs that you assigned to the mgc cards. A codec mismatch will cause problems. Have you done any type of isolation testing, if so post back what type of testing you did to isolate the problem.

What are you loops setup as? I have heard of issues with VOD or VCE ... you should use 3VCE ... at least it fixed our outbound/inbound voice issues.

PRI* TRK LOOP 105 - ENBL
FFMT/LCMT/YALMT: ESF/B8Z/FDL
SERVICE RESTORE: YES
YEL ALM PROCESS: YES
ALARM STATUS : NO ALARM
CH 01 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 02 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 03 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 04 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 05 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 06 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 07 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 08 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 09 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 10 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 11 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 12 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 13 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 14 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 15 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 16 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 17 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 18 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 19 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 20 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 21 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 22 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *
CH 23 - IDLE TIE 3VCE * CH 24 - IDLE TIE 3VCE *

By A codec mismatch , do you mean the folowing :

LD 17

PARM yes
PCML A

AND BY TMDI CARD ,YOU MEAN THE TDM ??
AND HOW CAN I APPLAY THE 3VCE ??

If you still haven't fixed your issue you can also check if the cabling on the back of your MGCs is correct. Some installers don't know that the end that is labeled 'to expansion' goes to the chassis that is cards 7-11. They are uni-directional cables even though you can install them backwards. DOH!
See thread:

I am not sure of the commands to change your loops to 3VCE ... what are they set at now??
Use Load 60 and stat to list them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back