Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noise on IP Office PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an ip office with a pri The customer is experiencing intermittent static which I believe is from one of the channels on the pri. Is there any way of narrowing down which channel it might be through testing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
RodNick
Technical User

Use system status and/or Monitor to see what happens.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

A PRI is digital not analog, you do not have 21 pair of cables you only have one pair and all channels use it...maybe you need to focus on the PBX instead particularly if you have digital and/or analog extensions.

RE
APSS - SME
ACIS - SME

But there are 23 pairs of cable cross connects at the LEC.
You can do some testing using SSA and push calls to see if the static is on a particular BChannel.

I have seen on numerous occasions a PRI (ISDN30) where there is a single faulty channel, always been a provider (BT) issue :)

"No problem monkey socks

I had a similar thing with R6.0 on a rather big installation (+/- 170 IP phones).
We placed the IP phones on the desk, as the first phones had finished their upgrade, they asked for an extension and started beeping (16xx..).
The users got annoyed and entered their DDI which is 10 digits long, phone rebooted and the IPO tried to create an IP extension, but the limit is 9 digits so the last digit was dropped. The phone couldn't register and the process repeated.

Oops wrong thread.

This is a bit long winded and you would need a few sets or lots of call appearance keys , then running monitor and ssa ,make a call put it on hold in the uk we can dial 17070 to get through to a network test facility , keep doing that until you hit the bad channel make a note from the monitor, ssa and repeat to prove.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Or you could disable all channels and test them one at a time. We had a customer with that trouble so we waited until after hours and went through each channel on 2 different PRIs to find the bad channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back