Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

noise levels of different UPS's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjan

Technical User
May 11, 2005
US
Hello,

I'm building a system for work I do helping aid & education groups, and it would help me to have the system be as quiet as possible. I already have a silent PSU and silent fans, and I'm now in need of a UPS that is silent too.

I need it to handle 520watts at peak load. I was looking at APC RS 800VA / 540watt
and then I noticed a comment in the reviews for it elsewhere online:
"Unit is noisy. I don't know if this noise is coming from an internal fan or from the AC power converter."

I do have 2 APC ES 725VA UPS's and they both make a faint whine that can be absorbed with a thick blanket (without obstructing air flow), so I can imagine a larger UPS having a louder whine and/or fan noise. I'm trying to make this system very quiet and certainly without any whining... even the faint whining of the crt's was too loud for my hearing.

Does anyone have any ideas on a quiet battery UPS that can handle more than 520watts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back