Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Noise in the dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORTELCS

Technical User
Aug 2, 2007
Hi guys

i have installed opt 11c and i am facing a problem with dial tone when i pick up the handset i am hearing the dial tone with noice but only in the digital phones the analog phones is giving me normal dial tone. I tried to change MCAD, FCAD and FTC tables in LD 56 to the same value of another system which is working fine but still i have the noise with the digital phones.

please any idea

thank & regards

did you ini the switch after the ftc change..it's not dynamic.. what kind of noise? analog and digital dial tone are the same def in the ftc table.. might have a bad ssc..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hi jhonpoole
do you thing the problem form th SSC should i press int buttone in the SSC.

thanks.

Mohd u shud check first wat John is saying then check MU/A Law settings in Parm data and LD 97, INTN prompt also.

You say analog dial tone is fine. Is there more than 1 digital line card, and if so do you have the same noise on digital set on each of your digital line cards? If just one card you may wish to disable the card and then re-seat it as dust contamination or even a "noisy" ground connection are possibilities.

MIKE

dialtone does not come from the dig card.. if the card is distorting it, it should distort voice as well

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Definitely sounds like MU law A law settings. Dial tone is only a digital sample, if the wrong companding law is used it's gonna sound really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back