Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Node ID and Media Gateway Card IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

plshlp123

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
US
It seems when I'm programming my i2050 phones and also my i2004 phones I uese the Node IP, what is the node IP? I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the Node Ip is and the VMGWC IP is?

your voimail gateway is the "door" to your call pilot, the node ip is the ip of your switch.. ld 117 prt host

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I should have used the acronym VMGWC I think that may have thrown you off, I have a Call Pilot 2.01i but also have a Media Gateway Card and a Node IP. I also have a signaling server that has another IP address? So now I have a Node IP, Signaling Server IP, and a Media Gateway IP, I have been told that the IP phones always use the node IP address. Then my network guy asked what IP does he use for QOS tagging coming from my Option 81C the node IP or the Media Gateway Card IP?

You need to enter the Node ID when installing IP phones during setup procédure with the TN.
When programming the IP set, you need the Zone number (LD 117 PRT ZONE or PRT INTRAZONE for rls 4.5)
The Node ID is contains in the SigServ when setting it up.
You can retrieve it from PBX : LD 117 STAT SERV may give you that info or PRT IP NODE i guess, not sure to be controlled.
The Node is all the element in one IP system : SigServ, MediaCard, Call Server, NRS.
VGMC is the doorway from IP to TDM. It's the Mediacard

IP phones must be in a VLAN. So QoS must apply on that VLAN

The node ip is what your phones point to, under normal operating the signalling server answers the node ip and the ip phones register to it, if however the ss fails, the VGMC will recognize that the ss is down and will take over answering the node ip, the phones will then register to the vgmc, hence you dont point the ip phones at the ss or vgmc, but to the node ip, and the failover works. As far as QOS, it should probably be on the rtp streams, they are going to go to the ip of the vgmc.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back