Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nobody supports Win Me now. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgharris

Technical User
Jan 25, 2000
US
Two years ago, I helped a friend of mine set up her new, secondhand, Windows Me PC. A few months later I helped her install and set up AT&T Yahoo! DSL. I installed the included Yahoo! Online Protection Suite with ZoneAlarm and Spybot Search & Destroy. Ever since whenever I have been over I have made sure her system is malware-free and YOP, ZoneAlarm, and Spybot are up-to-date.

Now both ZoneAlarm and YOP are yanking their support because her system is "too old to live." This is a lovely old woman on a fixed income who has always been there for me when I needed help. Now she's being cast out into the virtual cold and she just doesn't have the cash for Windows XP, if her PC can even run it.

Could anyone on this forum suggest how I could help her?

Tony Harris
tgharris_1@juno.com

Odd that this has anything to do with DSL, I would have guessed this is a Windows issue.

AVG is free

Installing a router in her ethernet to to DSL line may be the cheapest firewall. (trying to stay on topic, here)

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back