Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No_Caller-Id Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Guys,

Greetings! I have a system that lost programming when the power went off. Batteries were bad. The caller-id is not working. How do I enable the caller-id again?

I thought it was enabled by default.?

Thank You,
Quaz

It is enabled by default. If you have a module that ends in EC (308EC, 206EC, 400EC) they have caller id. Only 206E and 400E modules do not. If you are receiving caller id, but it is not logging the caller id, that does need to be programmed per line. The system also needs to ring twice in order to receive caller id. So, if you have it set to go to the AA before 2 rings it won't grab the caller id before the attendant picks up.

Nevermind!! I found my answer a couple of pages over.

Comcast modem replacements have caused loss of ID. Our digit grabber sees the ID from the modem but Partner system no longer detects the ID. We think that is a result of the ID being eleven digits long(+1) instead of ten and below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back