Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No WMI Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

eunderkoffler

Technical User
Apr 8, 2008
US
Ok, here is my current situation. About a month ago we got the new Nortel VOIP system with CallPilot. We currently only have about 15 phones installed but the Nortel tech installed all the phones before he left. I recently added a new phone to the system last week. Every thing works except for the VMail light on the phone. I can't figure out why. I deleted the phone and re-added it back in and also we took the user out of CallPilot and added it back it. Below is his phone set up:

Any suggestions?

TN 77 9

DATE

PAGE

DES

DES VOIP
TN 077 0 00 09 VIRTUAL
TYPE I2004
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
ZONE 000
FDN 8952700
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 0
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST 0
CAC_MFC 0
CLS UNR FBA WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA CRPD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMA LLCN PRMA PHTD PCWD MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
VOLA VOUD CDMR ICRD KEM2
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 8952700
LHK 2
PLEV 02
CSDN
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2454275 0 MARP
CPND
NAME Seth Moore
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 LNK 16
02 ADL 16 2454658
03 ADL 16
04 ADL 16
05 ADL 16 52700
16 MWK 8952700
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
DATE 25 APR 2008

The way that everyone is set up is:

The MWI number is 2454275

Thanks

Does the DN appear of multiple phones?

Then on another phone build an MIK key and an MCK key for testing, hit the MIK key, it flashes, then enter the dn of the phone not working, then hit the MIK key again I think, should light the light, then hit the MCK key and repeat to ensure it goes off.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Is the callpilot attached to this system?

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

This DN does not appear on multiple phones. Its for one user only.

I would assume that the CP is attached to the system since it works for everyone else with the POTS and the Nortel VOIP phones.

Not necessarily. Do you have another site that is connected to here that could be considered the main site and house the centralized voice mail? If so it could be as simple as a missing CDP issue.

I'm new to this whole phone business so you have to bare with me a bit. I can tell you that we have a SL100 switch and a CS1000 switch. As far as I know this is the only site we have.

We need to know which switch the phone is connected to and which switch the CallPilot is connected to.

The Nortel phones are hooked up to the CS1000 and CP is hooked up to the SL100.

Like tnphoneman said, you might have the CallPilot on the other system and the phone is CDPed over for VM, but if its via Virtual Trunks, you have to add the CDP to the NRS (if you have this) to the the message waiting light to work.....

might not apply to you, but just a suggestion to check...

Ok here is quick test to see if the translations are correct in the SL100. Have someone on the SL100 call the new set you created internally. If they can not call it then the translations have not been set up to route the call to the CS1000 and there for you will not be able to light the message waiting light because the system does not know where to send the command to turn on the light.

Yes, people on the SL100 can call the new phone without any issues. They can leave vmail but the light just won't light. I even tried a different phone. I have one of the new VOIP phones which is on the CS1000 and it works fine. I compared both TNBs and they both look the same so I'm not sure why its not working.

Since most of us are not SL100 experts I suggest that you get your vendor involved that handles the SL100. Sounds like the CS1000 is set up because you can recieve calls from the SL100.

On the CS1000 system, check if you have VTRKs by tracking a call in LD 80 from and IP set makeing a call to the VM.

If you are using the VTRKs then, one of the limitations on a CDP level is that the NRS needs to have an entry for the MWI to work properly.

This scenario comes into play if you have a VTRK as a first choice and a TDM (T1 TIE) as a second choice in a RLI. The call goes through the T1 tie if the cdp is built on the PBX side, but when the MWI indication is sent it's sent to the NRS via the virtual trunks and gets dropped if the entry does not exist in the NRS......... very specific...... but could be happening. You will have to check by tracking calls from sets that the vendor put in and then track calls from the one you put in and see if there is a diff route they are taking......

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back