Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no visual

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhe

Vendor
Mar 29, 2003
GB
Hello Can anyone help me I have a problem with my pc I get no visual on my monitor when I start my pc. I have try another monitor so know monitor is ok. Can someone please point me in right direction please. Thank you

Did you say the new monitor worked...if so then the other one went bad.

The new monitor dose not work same fault. the green light comes on and then go to amber. but can here the pc working . just no visual.

Sounds like the video card or on board video is shot, try installing anew video card.

Give details of video adaptor installed in PC...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Could be more than just video. Many of things can cause this. Go through all basic procedures. Take one ram chip out, then try other. Also a bad processor will cause this as well.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Thanks for all your help. is there anyway telling what video card i need to get thank again

I sincerely doubt the video is bad. All PCs perform a Power-On Self Test (a.k.a. POST) and one of the very last steps is to enable the video adapter. If any step fails prior to this, you get no video since it hasn't been enabled yet.

Try the following things in this FAQ: faq602-2731

This can also be caused by turning off the PC while it is in Sleep Mode... it somehow scrambles things up...

I would try to disconnect the PC from the power source, then clear the CMOS (ie. by taking out the battery for 10 min or more), while holding the power on button for a few minutes (to deplete power stored in caps)...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back