Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Vis option for 11.5.9 installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandcv

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
IN
I tried to install 11.5.9 vision demo on Windows2000.
When I started rapid install, there was only PROD option with 3 database types options(Fresh install,vision & Do not install dadabase).

BUt,currently, we want to install only vision environment.
Could anyone pl let me know how I can do that.

Also, is the purpose of installing Gnumake,MKS tool kit, VC++6.0 and JDK before 11i installation only enabling applying patches and/or upgrades? or is there any other reason as well?

Thanks in advance
Anand

anandcv, You have to select Vision from the database type to actually install Vision. PROD is the Database name and can be changed to VIS (Vision).

For the second part of your Question, I found a good article on a good website which is based on helping beginners understand how to use oracle apps. It helped me understand how to install on a win 2003 server envronment. However there was a server crash and a lot of the info is missing, the guys are working on putting it all back.

The link is:

if you can't find it, it will be in the knowledge base area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back