Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No Video When I Scrub, Preview Or Export. Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordRocks

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
CA
I've captured some clips trying both Premiere 6.5 and VirtualDubMod and I can see them in the Monitor when I'm working with them but when I try scrubbing on the Timeline, or Previewing or attempt to export a movie I get no video. I changed the Track Format in the Timeline Window Options to show the video instead of just the filename and the timeline is black. Why can't I see the video frames in the timeline or export it if it's visible in the Monitor? Also, when I scrub on the timeline the Monitor Window turns black. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The clips are viewable in Windows Media Player so they must be legitimate AVI files. Thanks for any help.

.....Gord

Sounds like a CODEC or frame size issue. Worth a look in the Project/Settings Viewer to see what shows up in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back