Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog9017

Technical User
Jul 14, 2001
US
I have a 1.333 ghz athlon t'bird and 128mb of pc133 sdram and upon bootup i get no video signal to my monitor. I have seated the AGP card (ATI Radeon AGP 32mb ddr ram) solidly and have everything hooked up correctly I believe but I am still not getting any signal. I have tested my monitor on another computer and it works fine. I have also tried a PCI video card and got the same results. I believe the problem may be somewhere in the jumper settings. I would appreciate any advice and would like to say thanx in advance.

My system:

ECS (Elitegroup) K7VZA Mobo
Athlon 1.333 Ghz
128mb PC133 ram

POST beeps? Power supply fans churning?
This usually is a power supply failure or M/B failure to process.
Is this a new system? Failing to POST on first bootup? Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I have the exact same thing with the 1.4 AMD I am building. No signal to the monitor at all. I changed the motherboard, and tried a different power supply. POST does not seem to be happening.

There is always the processor. You need a logic probe to see whether the processor is clocking. Sometimes memory. In fact pull memory and see if it beeps. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Did you try rebooting and pressing F8 to go into safe mode?
Safe mode usually boots up to the lowest video setting.
I had a similar problem when installing a Raedeon video card. For some reason it starts up black. Try putting in the old PCI card and changeing the settings to the lowest values possible, for the display, and then reinstall the new video card and boot into safe mode. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

i have found out what was wrong. The processor was fried because i used the rinky-dink pos fan that the shipped along with the processor. It burned the proc. so bad that chunks of the graphite looking stuff in the middle was flaking off. Thanks for all those who tried to help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back