Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No VGA card on G5 server (Xserve)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecaboodle

MIS
Jan 22, 2001
I have managed to 'ssh' to my OS X server, have managed to copy a DMG file using 'sftp'. Have managed to expand the file. How to I now run the '.app' file?

Trying to install VNC, so that I can set the rest of the server up.

Many Thanks.

If you can't fix it in 20 minutes call someone who can.

Why did you title it as no VGA card? Can't you use the VGA connector on the front of the server? Our XServe has the standard VGA card at the back and a connector on the front for close rack work.

<signature for rent>

On the 19" rack mount there is no VGA card or connection as standed. You can order an additional PCI if you want. Sorted it in the the end, used SSH and installed VNC over the network to it.

Thanks.

Which one have you got? I've got the 1U 10.2, dual 1.33. It has a VGA at the front with 2 USB ports and the same at the back. I paid extra for the PCI-X - is that the difference?

<signature for rent>

Have the G5 dual 2GHz one. That might be the difference, having paid for the PCI-X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back