Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No valid SMTP Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh2009

Technical User
Jun 18, 2009
IE
I get event id 12016 in the app log.
There is no valid SMTP Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate for the FQDN of SERVER.xxx.local
have renewed the self signed cert using command
Get-ExchangeCertificate –thumbprint "xxxxx" | New-ExchangeCertificate Have deleted the expired cert.

we have a valid go daddy cert enabled for imap, iis, pop and smtp

how can i resolve this error?

Thanks.

Check your send and receive connectors. All of them should use the same FQDN on the first tab in their properties as you have on your cert. If you use some other name besides the name of your cert on that first tab, you'll get the error you described. That field has to always match a name on a cert.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

the sbs internet receive connector has remote.xxx.ie - go daddy cert name.
the default server receieve connector has server.xxx.local.
when i try to change it to remote.xxx.ie I get:

Microsoft Exchange Error
--------------------------------------------------------
The following error(s) occurred while saving changes:

set-receiveconnector
Failed
Error:
When the AuthMechanism parameter on a Receive connector is set to the value ExchangeServer, you must set the FQDN parameter on the Receive connector to one of the following values: the FQDN of the transport server "SERVER.xxx.local", the NetBIOS name of the transport server "SERVER", or $null.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back