Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no valid cdrom oemcd001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

MIS
Mar 23, 1999
CA
Had a freeze up.... pushed restart.... asked for startup disks.... put startup disk in.... couldn't read my recent backup startup disk.... put in bootup win98 disc..... read that.... but now I get no valid cdrom message.... have tried to startup with all 3 options at startup.... to no avail.......

I am a novice to hardware issues such as this.... but able to follow step by step instructions.... I have read through this website to see what may have an answer for me.... I didn't want to start poking around my computer since my knowledge base on this is minimal and I wanted a more focused answer before I started any doctoring of my computer..... reformatting my hardrive IS NOT a viable option

I have a 10x dvd/cd reader and cd writer..... 128 ram..... 500mHz intell pentium 3, 20 gb ata-66 7200 rpm harddrive... hope this info helps

What was your "recent backup startup disk"? Was it done with Drive Image or Ghost?

Regards.

You might be the victim of a virus. But it would be nice to know what your startup disk was made from like Win98user said.

oh great.... now I am stuck on the first question !!! i believe it was an image .... i made it following msoffice instructions.,... does that help?

thanks for your replies!

oh.... last date backup disc created... Feb 3, 2003.... one other thing... my cd writer was installed approx a month ago..by a computer tech .. not sure if you needed that info... ust trying to be as informative as possible....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back