Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

no under lines on links!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baph

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
NZ
OK this one is driving me up the wall. I'm using DW. I change the settings on the CSS for link, hover, active and visited, all without an underline but still the link appears with an underline. How do I apply this css to the selection or to every link automaticly. I cant get the css to appear in the css window unless its the type that does correspond to links. Help before I pull all my hair out.

Try select "Redefine HTML Tag" in the New Styles dialog box. And choose the anchor tag "a" from the drop-down list. Click OK.

In the Style Definition window, make sure that the correct pane is displayed by selecting Type from the list of categories.

Then, select "none" in the Decoration section. Click OK!

Let me know if it works for you. Good Luck!

C'mon Baph, this is DW you're using, and there is a whole community of developers to help with stuff like this. Go to the Dreamweaver Exchange and download some commands and behaviors like "remove everyone's undies", or "link line remover", or "link scrubber" or...you get the picture. There is no need to reinvent the wheel.

In Dreamweaver 4, how do I remove the underline to a hyperlink.

Wayne

WayneDoherty, I just answered your question in your post...

Baph, as for the underline in your problem...how did you define the CSS?? I write my own CSS style in, this way I can edit it with ease...this is what I put in for WayneDoherty post...it should still apply to you as well...

<style>
A:link {font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;; font-size:10pt; color:#003399; font-weight:none; text-decoration:none}
A:visited {font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;; font-size:10pt; color:gray; font-weight:none; text-decoration:none}
A:hover {font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;; font-size:10pt; color:#FF0000; font-weight:none; text-decoration:none}
A:active {font-family: &quot;Arial&quot;; font-size:10pt; color:#003399; font-weight:none; text-decoration:none}
</style>

The portion in red puts the underline feature of hover as off...try this, and it will work... I have not failed; I merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back