Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvin

MIS
Oct 1, 2002
US
Let me start by saying I am an Exchange novice and am in a bind here. If I dont provide enough info let me know and I will get additional details.

We are running an NT box with Exchange 5.5 with Service Pack 4. Starting on Dec 31 (from what we can tell from user complaints) no one can send external email. The error we recieve is....

"No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient"

We can still send/recieve email internally, and can recieve email externally.

From my googling, I have found that this is the "Heinz 57" answer for outlook with about 30 different things it could be. None of the fixes worked.

Also from my googling, I found alot that would point to IMS on the Exchange. However, we do not have IMS running on the box.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you need more details on our setup let me know.

Go it fixed! :)

Microshaft at its finest here.

The Resolution-

Even though we have had the same configuration for years, we had to install IMS to get it to send external email.

Why it worked for years without it is another Microsoft mystery.

Juvin,
Can you point me to some information on installing IMS? I have the exact same problem as you did and really need to get this resolved. I have an NT4 server w/ Exchange 5.5.
Thanks!

Install Service Pack 3 for Office 2000 and it takes care of this whole problem - at least for me. Why we haven't had any problems for years is beyond me.
Microsoft at its finest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back